If you’re selling anything online, you already know how important it is to have a payments solution that your customers can trust. Stripe is one of those solutions, and a Stripe WordPress plugin can have you accepting payments in no time.
Still on the fence about Stripe? Here’s why it makes such a good option:
- Easy setup
- Transparent transaction costs – it’s just 2.9% and $0.30 per card charge with no contracts.
- Mobile and in-person payments
- Build your own payment forms
- Supports 135+ currencies and local payment methods
Five best Stripe WordPress plugins
For each plugin, we’ll share some thoughts on its uses and pros/cons. Most of these plugins can be used with the core WordPress software, while a couple need to be paired with an eCommerce plugin (like WooCommerce).
1. WP Simple Pay Pro
WP Simple Pay offers you an easy way to start collecting payments on your WordPress website. Once you have a Stripe account and select options in the plugin’s settings page, you can add a payments button anywhere you want. Don’t need a shopping cart? Simply skip it.
The Pro version allows you to do much more – for instance, collect recurring payments and use coupon codes to offer discounts.
Other key features include:
- It handles setup fees and subscriptions that offer installment plans/trial periods
- Users can pay any amount. This means you can collect money for many purposes, including donations
- Allows you to create customizable forms with a drag and drop payment forms builder
- Adding custom fields to collect data on each account
There’s more – the plugin integrates well with Pricing Tables and AffiliateWP. It’s translation ready and supports 12 languages, 25 countries, and 135+ currencies in Stripe Checkout. It’s also possible to personalize the Stripe checkout screen by including a logo and personalized button text.
As for costs:
- $49 for 1 site and most features.
- $99 for 3 sites, plus access to subscriptions and installment plans.
- $249 for 25 sites, plus all features
2. WooCommerce Stripe Payment Gateway
As you can guess from the name, this add-on is just for WooCommerce users. WooCommerce is a free and popular eCommerce solution for WordPress websites, and this free extension allows these stores to collect payment directly on their websites via the Stripe payment gateway.
While iOS users will be glad about the support for Apple Pay, internet users in general will be saved the bother of typing in payment details connected to their devices. That’s because the plugin supports Web Payments API too. With data security concerns gaining in importance, you’ll be glad that this data reaches the secure Stripe servers directly, without passing through your servers.
Using a set of customizable Stripe elements, this add-on guides your customers to type in error-free info into forms quickly.
Other notable features include:
- Faster checkout is possible by adding a Stripe Payment Request Button right on the product detail or cart pages
- Smooth integration between your WooCommerce store and Stripe account
- Stripe customers can save their card details on your store’s website
- Includes a number of filters and hooks that you can use to show login status, review orders, and more
This Stripe WordPress plugin is 100% free.
3. Stripe Payments
Stripe Payments gives you two ways to set up Stripe payments – by configuring the product page from your Admin dashboard or by using shortcodes. The shortcodes enable you to place a payments button anywhere on your site (including multiple buttons on a page). You can then go on to customize it using CSS.
You can view a record of transaction details from your WordPress dashboard.
Here’s what else can you do with this Stripe WordPress plugin:
- Sell digital goods using the Stripe merchant account
- Collect tax and donations, if you wish
- Save card data on Stripe account, use Remember Me feature to allow one-click payment via Stripe
- Allow automatic download of digital files, once transaction is completed
- Enable display of specific logo to be shown in Stripe payment window for each item
- Send configurable email notifications to the buyers and customize checkout result
This free plugin gives you more control over the way you collect payments via Stripe without too much fuss.
4. WP Full Stripe
After racking up sales close to 3,000 (at a price tag of $39), it’s only natural that WP Full Stripe should find a place on this list of the best Stripe WordPress plugins. And it’s what you can rely on to allow access to subscription-only content, and to collect payment directly from your website. Once you team it with WPFull Stripe Members, it lets you collect subscription payments from members on a recurring basis.
The authors describe it as a complete payments solution for WordPress that allows you to even pay others via bank transfers from your account. Beyond that, it allows you to have an overview of the payments received, list of subscribers, plan performance, and more.
In case you’re looking for more reasons to use this Stripe WordPress plugin:
- Option to create multiple payment forms, customize them with custom fields and CSS
- Embed single or multiple forms anywhere using shortcodes
- Set up one-time, custom, or recurring payments as well as installments with non-standard intervals
- Store credit card details securely
- Send out custom emails with cc to yourself
5. Stripe Payment Gateway Extension for EDD
If you’re going to sell digital goods on your WordPress website, you likely have Easy Digital Downloads to help your customers download the digital products. The Stripe Payment Gateway Extension for Easy Digital Downloads is a premium extension that helps them to pay via the Stripe payment gateway.
In addition, here’s what this Stripe WordPress plugin can do:
- It saves credit card details for faster checkout
- When teamed with Recurring Payments extension, you’ll be able to collect recurring subscriptions
- Supports the Stripe checkout form, so you can add a Buy now button on any digital product
Though the price is steep (at $89 for a single site), this extension is a good option if you’re selling digital products and using Easy Digital Downloads to do so. With the right extensions, you can also sell other things, like appointments/bookings.
Do you have any questions about which is the best WordPress stripe plugin for your needs? Let us know in the comments!