Searching for the best WordPress plugins for testimonials?
Whether you’re selling products, services, or anything else, reviews and testimonials are an important part of converting your visitors into customers. Using any of these testimonial plugins will give you the tools to publish user opinions that can help build trust with new customers.
In this article, we’ll compare the six best WordPress plugins for testimonials, discuss their features, and show you what they look like in action.
Let’s get to it!
Otter Blocks is an in-house tool built by our wonderful team of engineers here at Themeisle. It actually offers much more than simply being a WordPress plugin for testimonials, but that is one of its many standout features.
As you can see below, the default look of the Otter Blocks Testimonial Gutenberg Block is very clean.
It makes an excellent choice for why you’re on this page, but beyond that, it’s a great overall option if you are currently using the native WordPress Gutenberg editor to build your website. It’s also solid for those who are just getting started and haven’t yet decided what tools they are going to use.
That’s because it’s super easy to navigate and it was designed to work with the native WordPress Gutenberg editor, rather than be built on top of it (as is the case with many other site builders).
With Otter Blocks you’ll get a nice, clean way to show off your testimonials. You’ll also get a full suite of other blocks, many of which you’ll probably end up using during the course of building your website.
- Ability to use Otter Block customization features to add really engaging effects like counting animations, typing animations, and loading animations.
- Option to set the visibility of the testimonial based on various conditions.
- Possibility of adding custom CSS to ultra-customize the look and feel of your testimonials.
Otter Blocks has both a free version and a Pro version. The free version contains the testimonials block so you aren’t required to upgrade to use it. However, the Pro version does unlock some really useful additional features for only $69 per year.
Easy Testimonials is another user-friendly WordPress testimonials plugin that allows you to add testimonials to your website in different ways. You can insert them into the sidebar, embed them using a shortcode, or add them as a widget.
Easy Testimonials also gives you flexibility for how you want your testimonials to be featured. You can add a list of all of your testimonials, generate a random testimonial, or show a slideshow of testimonials. This plugin also supports images, which makes it easy to add a photo of the person who wrote the testimonial.
- Responsive testimonials that look good regardless of whether your visitors are on their phones or their laptops.
- Options for how you want to showcase your testimonials (e.g., slideshow, list, fading widget, etc).
- Page-linking so you can connect testimonials to specific pages (e.g., a product page).
Easy Testimonials has a free version and also a paid version. The free version offers quite a lot already, but if you want to unlock even more features like being able to choose your own font, advanced spam protection, etc, then you’ll have to invest $99 per year.
First off, Strong Testimonials enables you to create custom testimonial submission forms and add them to your website. When users submit testimonials, you can preview them and choose which ones to publish.
With Strong Testimonials, you can share individual reviews or set up testimonial sliders with multiple options. In addition, the plugin enables you to set up multiple custom ‘views’ or styles, so you can use different types of testimonials throughout your website.
- Create and publish custom testimonial submission forms
- Publish individual testimonials or sliders
- Create custom styles for your testimonials
- Add testimonials using shortcodes or widgets
All of the features we’ve covered so far are part of the free version of Strong Testimonials. The plugin also offers premium licenses, starting at $29 per year. Premium plans include support for multiple websites, advanced templates, custom form fields, and more.
- Set up testimonials using custom fields and star ratings
- Compile testimonials into rotators
- Integrate the Gravity Forms plugin into your workflow to enable user testimonial submissions
- Enable testimonial submissions via the admin for specific user roles
Testimonials Widget Premium is a great option for handling large numbers of reviews and testimonials. The plugin enables you to set up complex taxonomies, including categories and tags, for your testimonials. You can use those taxonomies to create carousels that display only the elements you want.
The carousels can include testimonials put together by you, shortcodes from third-party plugins, and custom CSS. You can place individual testimonials on your pages using shortcodes or widgets, as well as full carousels.
- Display individual testimonies and carousels using widgets and shortcodes
- Include third-party plugin shortcodes as part of your carousels
- Customize testimonials using CSS
- Set up custom categories and tags for your testimonials
The Testimonial Widgets Premium plugin used to have a free version and a premium version, but the developers eventually merged the two together and made the plugin completely free. That’s why even though it has the word “premium” in the name, which is normally associated with a cost, this one is entirely free. This makes it a strong contender for one of the most benevolent WordPress plugins for testimonials that are available.
Testimonial Builder offers a much more streamlined process than other similar plugins we’ve seen so far. The plugin’s primary selling point is its templates that help you to kickstart your testimonial designs. It comes with two free options out of the box, and you’re able to customize every element within.
You can set up multiple testimonials as part of a single element, then publish them together using a shortcode the plugin generates. Plus, the plugin supports custom CSS code for each testimonial.
- Set up testimonials using pre-built templates
- Publish testimonials individually or as groups
- Set up custom CSS for each testimonial
- Add testimonials to your content using shortcodes
The free version of Testimonial Builder only includes two templates. However, with a pro license – which starts at $14 – you get access to 150 templates, which is obviously a huge increase.
Testimonial Slider enables you to create testimonials and place them on your website using either grids or sliders. You can add as many testimonials as you want, and the plugin comes with several style customization options.
However, the plugin requires you to generate a shortcode for every type of testimonial display you want to set up. This means you still need to use its built-in shortcode generator even if you want to show a single review. Otherwise, none of the testimonials you build will show up when using the Block Editor.
- Set up testimonial grids and sliders
- Generate individual shortcodes for as many styles of grids or sliders as you want
We focused on the free version of the plugin for this comparison. However, you can also get a premium license that gives you access to more layout options, unlimited grids, advanced taxonomies, and much more.
Premium licenses for Testimonial Slider start at $17 per year for a single website.
Recapping the best WordPress plugins for testimonials
Testimonials and reviews are one of the best ways to build trust with potential customers. People will usually trust what other consumers have to say over traditional marketing. By empowering your customers with a way to share their thoughts, you may be able to get more conversions.
To get started, we recommend you check out any of these six best WordPress plugins for testimonials:
- Otter Blocks Testimonial Gutenberg Block: Display a clean look and add optional customizations.
- Easy Testimonials: Showcase your testimonials in a variety of ways.
- Strong Testimonials: Enable visitors to submit testimonials, which you can vet and publish.
- Testimonials Widget Premium: Add testimonials and shortcodes as part of your review carousels.
- Testimonial Builder: Use pre-built templates to publish testimonials in record time.
- Testimonial Slider: Set up complex grids and sliders for your testimonials.
Do you have any questions about how to use testimonials more effectively? Let’s talk about them in the comments section below!