Hosting giveaways can be an effective way to drive traffic and promote your brand. You can even make things more exciting by adding a wheel of fortune to your site. Of course, you’ll need to install a WordPress spinning wheel plugin to run this competition.
Fortunately, 😎 there are several plugins to choose from. While some of them are primarily form builders and pop-up tools, they also offer a “spin the wheel” feature. Therefore, you can select the plugin that best fulfills your marketing needs.
📚 In this post, we’ll take a look at how a WordPress spinning wheel plugin works and share some tips for picking the right tool. Then, we’ll look at the best spinning wheel plugins on the market. Let’s get started! 🚩
What is a WordPress spinning wheel plugin?
If you’ve ever been to a shopping complex, you’ve probably seen a large wheel of fortune that encourages you to give it a spin for a chance to win a gift. This may include anything from a large prize to a small discount on your next purchase. However, if you’re unlucky, you’ll go home with nothing.
A WordPress spinning wheel plugin works in a similar way. The only difference is that the giveaway is hosted virtually, and participants will probably need to click on the page or enter their email address to give the wheel a spin.
If you run an online store or you’re a service provider, you can create a spinning wheel with several prizes:
This can help you attract new customers and collect user details for your marketing strategy. It might also lead to an increase in sales, especially if you offer a discount on future purchases as one of the prizes.
Even bloggers can benefit from running a “spin the wheel” competition. For example, you might partner up with several brands, with a prize from each company. This can help you increase visibility, as your partners will likely direct their customers to your blog to participate in the giveaway.
How to choose a spinning wheel plugin
Before you install a WordPress spinning wheel plugin, you’ll want to make sure that it has the features you need to run a successful competition. Some factors to consider include:
- Customization options that enable you to add a variety of prices and edit the spinning wheel so that it aligns with your site’s design.
- Integration with popular email marketing platforms so you can add participants to your existing email list.
- Automation features to help you run the competition on autopilot.
- GDPR compliance to protect user privacy (and your brand’s reputation).
- Then, there are also classic factors of how to choose a plugin: how easy to use it is, the quality of the support provided by the developer, the price.
You might also want to get a WordPress spinning wheel plugin that offers insights into participants. You can then use this data for marketing purposes.
Best spinning wheel plugins for WordPress of 2023 (free and paid)
Now, let’s look at some of the best spinning wheel plugins on the market.
Poptin is a pop-up builder that enables you to turn visitors into leads with features like subscription forms, scratch cards, and a “spin the wheel” game. It comes with a comprehensive drag-and-drop editor, where you can customize every aspect of the spinning wheel:
You’ll also get a large selection of display rules. For example, you can pick the triggers that will launch the pop-up with the spinning wheel. You might display it when the user tries to exit the page or when the user spends a certain amount of time interacting with the page.
🧩 Key features
- Full customization control over the design of the spinning wheel
- Advanced triggers and targeting options, including targeting by country and traffic source
- Data on the number of visitors, views, and conversion rates
- Integration with a vast number of marketing tools, including Mailchimp and ConvertKit
You can start with a free plan, though this only supports 1,000 visitors per month. Paid plans start at $12.00 per month.
2. Lucky Wheel for WooCommerce
As the name suggests, Lucky Wheel for Commerce enables you to create a spinning wheel competition in your online store. It’s designed to help you grow your email list. In fact, users will need to enter their email address in order to participate.
You can create different coupon types and customize the colors of each slide:
You also have the ability to select the winning probability of each slide and choose whether to launch the spinning wheel pop up automatically or when users click on it. Plus, you can display the pop-up on certain pages only.
🧩 Key features
- Create custom slides for the spinning wheel.
- Use conditional tags to configure where the wheel pop-up will appear (and when).
- Collect emails from participants.
- Automate coupon delivery to winners.
- Sync the plugin with email marketing platforms such as Mailchimp and Active Campaign.
With the free version, you can only create up to six slides, and you’ll have limited display rules. You can purchase the premium extension for $30.00.
3. WP Optin Wheel
WP Optin Wheel is a gamified opt-in email marketing tool that’s designed to help you grow your sales and Mailchimp email list. You can create a wheel of fortune that offers participants a chance to win a coupon or another prize.
The plugin lets you create multiple wheels with 12 slices and add links to different rewards in each slice. However, you’ll need to enter your MailChimp API Key to get started:
You can also control when to show the pop-up and configure the chance of winning for each slice. If you upgrade to the pro version, you’ll also be able to integrate the spinning wheel with your WooCommerce coupons.
🧩 Key features
- Seasonal spinning wheel themes like Christmas and Halloween
- Coupon settings like duration and product/category restrictions
- Targeting rules like open on click or upon exit intent
You can use the free plan or upgrade to the premium version for more configuration settings and marketing integrations. Plans start at $49.00 per year.
You’ve probably heard of OptinMonster. This popular pop-up builder can help you create more than just opt-in forms – it also lets you create “spin the wheel” games:
OptinMonster’s Coupon Wheel gives you complete control over the discounts and coupons in your game. For example, you can decide whether website visitors can win a particular prize and configure the winning chances of each prize.
OptinMonster is known for its advanced targeting rules, and these will also be available for your spinning wheel campaign. For example, you can configure it so that it only appears to users who are about to abandon their shopping cart.
🧩 Key features
- Choose a professionally designed template or design your own with OptinMonster’s drag-and-drop builder.
- Utilize targeting rules to display your spinning wheel to the right person at the right time.
- Limit your giveaways to specific locations.
- Connect OptinMonster with your favorite email marketing platform.
The free plan is very limited, so you’ll likely need to upgrade to a premium account. Paid plans start at $9.00 per month.
Hosting “spin the wheel” contests can help you drive traffic to your site, increase engagement, and make more sales. There are several WordPress spinning wheel plugins you can use to run these giveaways, but you’ll want to select a tool that offers plenty of customization and display rules.
For example, you can pick a pop-up builder like Poptin or OptinMonster to create a unique spinning wheel with advanced targeting options. If you have an online store, Lucky Wheel for WooCommerce enables you to create a spinning wheel with coupons and prizes. 🏷️🎁
Do you have any questions about using a WordPress spinning wheel plugin? Let us know in the comments section below!