Looking for the best A/B testing tools to optimize your WordPress site? In this post, we’ve collected the six best split test tools for WordPress. Using these tools, you can compare multiple variants of your content. Most of the A/B testing tools will let you experiment with every element of the page.
You can test conversions, user engagement (via bounce rate and other data) and other aspects of your web page.
For each tool, we’ll share its key features and pricing information.
Six best A/B testing tools
Nelio AB Testing is a great WordPress plugin to test every part of your site. Use it to analyze titles, images, product descriptions, and more.
The test reports that the interface has a graphical representation for conversion rate on variant A and variant B. A horizontal bar chart features the exact conversion rates for different options. The analytics will also display page views and running days.
- Cache support mechanism
- Easily test headlines
- Menu and widget testing
- Alternative themes and CSS tests
- Conversion analytics
- Site-wide consistency (optional)
- Heatmap functionality
- Multi Goals tests (paid)
- WooCommerce compatible
- Quick support
You can access the basic features using the free version at WordPress.org. For detailed testing features like 5k pageviews, an upgrade to premium is available. The paid version starts at $29 per month.
VWO is a free tool that provides a great set of features for A/B testing that you can test on up to 50,000 monthly visitors. You can test many metrics, compare multiple combinations, and run more experiments at the same time.
In the premium version, you can experiment with more unique visitors, session recordings, heatmaps, surveys, form analytics, and even more tools to analyze user behavior on your site.
- Dedicated WordPress plugin for easy integration
- Point-and-click visual editor to customize landing pages
- Run multiple tests simultaneously
- Target tests based on user behavior
- Ready to use custom widgets
- Analyze campaign performance and reports
- Detailed segmentation
- Live previews of test variations
- Integration with third-party apps
- Split and multivariate tests available
The pricing plans are based on the number of monthly unique visitors that you want to test. For up to 10,000 visitors, the prices are:
- Starter – $0
- Growth – $173 per month
- Pro – $415 per month
- Enterprise – $922 per month
3. Split Hero
Split Hero is a professional A/B testing tool. It handles multiple websites from the same admin panel and directly sets testing campaigns. Compared to the bigger fishes with in-depth analytics, Split Hero focuses on simplicity.
Plus, it offers an interactive dashboard for tallying the traffic, the bounce rate, the conversions, and many other details for a set campaign. The white space makes navigating the dashboard and handling campaigns, domains, reports, and the team quite effortless.
- Unlimited page views and visitors
- Unlimited websites
- Unlimited client accounts
- Custom domain and branding
- White label PDF reports
- Page conversion goal
- Button click conversion tracking
- Team accounts
- WooCommerce integration
- Page builder compatibility
- 14-day free trial
Feature-wise, Split Hero has a fantastic pricing plan. What sets them apart is the number of active campaigns you can run:
- Three active campaigns – $49 per month
- Ten active campaigns – $99 per month
- Unlimited active campaigns – $249 per month
Optimizely is a premium suite of tools built for enterprises that need to optimize marketing strategies for better conversions. It comes with features that go into the details of on-site user behavior, so you can get accurate reports about your campaigns.
The A/B testing tool stands out through CDN testing, which provides fast experimentation for your teams, and exclusion groups that let you run many tests on the same page. Generally, Optimizely provides advanced A/B testing features for high-performing businesses.
- Targeting and personalization
- Visual editor
- Advanced experiment types
- Tools for team collaboration, ideation, and program reporting
- Run multiple experiments simultaneously
- Analytics with statistics and test results
- CDN A/B testing to perform and test faster
- Customer and account profiles
- AI-generated audits
Optimizely is a suite of tools aimed at enterprises and does not have predefined prices. For the A/B testing tool, you need to request pricing after completing a form with your business details.
Google Optimize is a powerful split-testing tool to run under your Google account. It seamlessly integrates with Google Analytics.
Together, Google Analytics and Google Optimize offer a perfect solution for A/B testing and data collection.
As compared to the other A/B testing tools, Google Optimize is a little more complicated. But with some technical knowledge, it is one of the best A/B testing tools in the market.
Use it for varying experiments in addition to A/B/(n) testing, including redirect test and multivariate tests.
If you need some help setting it up, we have a complete guide to using Google Optimize with WordPress.
- Responsive visual editor
- Multivariate test available
- Advanced tracking
- Clean preview window
- Server-side experiment
- Experimental scheduling
- Activity log
- Google Ads and Analytics
- AMP compatible
Google Optimize is available for free.
Convert might be the most powerful option in our “best A/B testing tools” list. It is designed for eCommerce stores and enterprise-level businesses. It is jam-packed with integrations including Shopify, WordPress, WooCommerce, Kissmetrics, HubSpot, Crazy Egg, and more.
Convert offers a report with aggregated metrics for test variants, which is probably the reason why brands like Sony and UNICEF use it. Another strong pillar of Convert is its dedicated support team offering access to staff developers and a quick consultation over live chat or a phone call.
However, Convert’s pricing puts it out of reach of most casual WordPress users or even small businesses.
- Unlimited tests & collaborators
- SmartInsert™ no-blink testing
- Fast Akamai CDN
- Carbon neutral hosting
- Rich reporting panel
- Advanced segmentation
- Hypotheses building
- Dynamic testing
- Advanced DMP profiling
- Unlimited test variations
- 90+ unique integrations
- Premium class support
- Live WYSIWYG editor
- Privacy notifications
- Secure API
- Free 15-day trial
- GDPR compliant
Convert is designed to offer in-depth testing for highly trafficked sites. The five price plans are based on the company’s needs:
- Community Web – It is designed for sites with 50k visitors and costs $99 per month. But you will run short on collaborators, DMP profiling, and several other features.
- Community Full – They have ten active goals/project for 100K users per month. This plan starts at $199 per month.
- Growth – Get unlimited domains, projects, and collaborators for 500K monthly users starting at $999/month.
- Expert – For $1,599/month, you unlock access to ten segments, 100 deploys, and an activity log for 1M tested users in a month.
- Enterprise – You can also opt for a customized pricing plan for your business.
You can get a 30% discount by choosing to pay annually.
Which is the best A/B testing tool?
If you are still not sure which is the right A/B testing tool for you or want a quick recap, here are a few pointers:
- Nelio AB Testing is a good native WordPress A/B testing plugin.
- Split Hero and VWO are great for small to mid-sized businesses.
- Convert and Optimizely are excellent enterprise-level solutions.
- Google Optimize is the most flexible free website A/B testing tool.
To get started, you can check out our guide to WordPress A/B testing, which shows you how to use both Nelio AB Testing and VWO.
We also have a tutorial on how to use Google Optimize with WordPress.
Do you have any questions about choosing the best A/B testing tool for your needs? Ask us in the comments section!