Zapier is a popular and effective tool, helping users to connect apps, automate workflows, and increase productivity. However, there are many other free Zapier alternatives that, although may not be as well known, still offer a range of impressive features that give Zapier a run for its money. 🤑
In this article, we are going to explore five of the best free Zapier alternatives and find out about the services they offer. We will consider the top features of each solution, as well as pros and cons in comparison to Zapier. 🖱️
Zapier: A quick overview
Zapier’s main aim is to save users time and effort, easily automating everyday tasks in workflows called Zaps. By connecting your apps and creating workflows specific to your needs, you can consequently improve productivity across every area of work and life.
🧩 Here are some of its top features (though not all are free)…
- Connect over 5,000 apps (free and premium)
- User-friendly workflow editor for creating workflows/Zaps (free)
- Zapier built-in apps (free)
- Multi-step workflows and conditional logic (premium)
- Collaboration tools for organizations and teams (premium)
- Extensive support (free)
💳 Pricing: Zapier provides five plans catering to various size groups, from individuals and professionals to large teams and companies. The cost ranges from free to $103.50 a month (billed annually). They also offer a 15% discount for non-profit organizations.
So now that you know a bit about what Zapier has to offer, let’s look at five top free Zapier alternatives that may be a good fit for your organization…
Five best free Zapier alternatives
With a straightforward, user-friendly UI and highly customizable workflows, Pabbly Connect is an excellent workflow automation tool. It offers integration for many different apps, including the most well-known ones like Facebook Lead Ads, Salesforce, JotForm, WhatsApp and more. Using Pabbly Connect you can set up your automation workflows in just three simple steps.
- Advanced features – Pabbly Connect has all the advanced features like scheduling, delays, and routers – even on the free plans.
- Multi-step workflows – You can create multi-step workflows and customize them as per your needs.
- Supports over 1000 integrations – It supports integration across 1000+ applications, including popular CRM tools, marketing software, payment portals, and form builders.
So how does Pabbly Connect compare to Zapier?
Pros and cons of Pabbly in comparison to Zapier 👍👎
Pabbly Connect offers a lot to its thousands of dedicated users. Let’s check out its pros and cons when compared with Zapier…
- Free triggers and unlimited internal tasks – Unlike Zapier, triggers and internal tasks are not counted as tasks in Pabbly Connect. In practice, this means you have no cap on them, which is not the case with Zapier.
- Free plan – Unlike Zapier, which only offers a limited free trial of their premium version, Pabbly Connect offers a free plan where you can access all of its features before upgrading, and without feeling rushed.
- Dedicated YouTube channel – Pabbly Connect has over 3,370 automation video tutorials on their YouTube channel, which can help anyone become an automation expert.
- No live chat support – While Pabbly Connect offers support via email, it lacks live chat support. However, they do have a Facebook Group with 13,000+ members where you can get instant help.
💳 Pricing: Pabbly Connect has an attractive pricing structure. Entry free version gives you 100 tasks every month. Most popular Ulitmated version starts from 50,000 tasks per month and it costs $59.
Make (formerly Integromat) is an advanced online automation platform that currently helps over half a million users integrate their apps, services, and systems. Used by businesses around the globe, Make’s customers include Meta, Adidas, Spotify and Heineken, to name a few. But these corporate customers aren’t what earned Make a spot on this list of the best free Zapier alternatives. It also has a fantastic range of features:
- Visual editor – Make’s user-friendly editor allows users to visually create automated workflows without having to touch a line of code. This helps users understand the steps of each automation, what is happening, and how the end results are delivered.
- Apps – Make integrates with hundreds of apps and services. It also provides HTTP/SOAP and JSON modules allowing you to connect to almost any web service, and again without having to code.
- Templates – Choose from hundreds of templates, enabling you to quickly set up workflows. These can be used as they come, or customized to suit your project.
So how does Make compare to Zapier?
Pros and cons of Make in comparison to Zapier 👍👎
While Make has some impressive features, let’s now have a quick look at its pros and cons in comparison to Zapier…
- Automated workflows and tasks – On the free plan, Make allows up to 1,000 operations (tasks completed in a workflow) a month. In comparison, Zapier only offers 100 tasks per month.
- Apps – Connections to the full suite of over 1,000 apps and services are included in the free Make plan. However, on the free Zapier plan, there are some premium apps that you won’t be able to include in your workflows.
- Support – Both Make and Zapier provide extensive knowledge bases and email support for their users. However, Make reserves priority support for those on their top tier premium plans.
💳 Pricing: After the free plan, Make offers three paid plans ranging from $9 per month to $29 per month. They also offer an Enterprise level plan, but the price is not listed. You have to contact their sales team to get more info.
Parabola is an automation dashboard that helps you collect, manage, and analyze data from a variety of sources. Many of the best features are limited to the paid plans, but there are some impressive features you can access as a free user:
- Easy workflow design – The drag-and-drop builder makes it easy to create even the most complicated workflows in a matter of minutes. You’ll even get suggestions for building certain types of workflows and access to a variety of workflow recipes.
- Complex workflows – You can use the builder to create workflows with up to 25 steps on the free plan. This increases to 75 steps per workflow if you invest in a paid plan.
- Centralized data management – Parabola organizes all of your data in one well-organized database. Visual organization tools make it easy for you to manage different types of data.
Pros and cons of Parabola in comparison to Zapier 👍👎
Now that we know a bit about Parabola, let’s see how it stacks up against Zapier…
- Free multi-step workflows – You get up to 25 steps per workflow on the free plan.
- No limit to the number of times you can run a workflow – You can run a workflow 10, 1,000, or 10,000 times without paying a dime.
- Limited workflows – You can only have three active workflows at a time on the free plan.
- You have to run the workflows yourself – If you want workflows to trigger at a specific time or after a specific event, you’ll need to pay for the premium version.
- The cost is steep – You’ll pay more for the premium version of Parabola than any other app on this list.
💳 Pricing: You can enjoy Parabola free forever. There’s also one paid plan, Plus, which costs $80 per month and gives you unlimited manual workflows + 3 scheduled workflows. You can also request a demo for an Advanced plan if you need more.
Pipedream is an automation tool specifically designed for developers. This tool earns its place on this of the best free Zapier alternatives by providing an impressive set of tools:
- Numerous integrations – You can connect Pipedream to over 1,000 apps. All integrations are available on the free plan and there’s no limit to the number of apps you can have connected to Pipedream at any one time.
- Endless workflow possibilities – Pipedream has thousands of triggers and actions that you can use to build your workflows. You can also create custom triggers and actions to automate specialized areas of your business.
- Code options – More technically inclined users will enjoy access to custom code options.
Pros and cons of Pipedream in comparison to Zapier 👍👎
Now let’s see how Pipedream compares to Zapier…
- Unlimited workflows – You can create as many workflows as you need to run your business, even on the free plan.
- 10,000 monthly invocations – Pipedream calls automated actions “invocations” and allows you to run up to 333 of them per day and 10,000 per month. This is much more generous than the free Zapier plan, which is limited to 100 tasks per month.
- Limited organization tools – The Pipedream dashboard is quite simple and doesn’t offer a lot of custom organization options.
- Limited support – Pipedream offers a range of community support options and an extensive knowledgebase, but if you want technical support from the actual Pipedream team you’ll need to sign up for a Team plan.
💳 Pricing: Along with the free plan, Pipedream offers two main paid plans: Professional for $19 per month and Team for $99 per month. You can also seek custom pricing if you need more than five team members to have access.
IFTTT is one of the truly great free Zapier alternatives available. It helps millions of people and thousands of businesses transform their products into integrated, connected services. By creating a standard, low-code way for diverse apps and services across the world to communicate, IFTTT helps to make your life easier. Using IFTTT, you can organize your social media posts, make your voice assistant more personable, or design a smart home that reacts to real-life cues.
- Connect services – IFTTT will enable you to connect over 700 services, which include apps, business tools, cloud platforms, and email providers, as well as physical appliances, to name a few.
- Applets – These purpose-built workflows enable you to connect services and make them work together.
- IFTTT App – Download the app from the App Store or Google Play to access IFTTT on the go.
Pros and cons of IFTTT in comparison to Zapier 👍👎
So let’s now look at the pros and cons of IFTTT in comparison to Zapier…
- Unlimited applet runs – You can run an unlimited number of workflows via Applets. However, in comparison, Zapier’s free plan only allows you to execute 100 tasks per month.
- Build a smart home – IFTTT can connect physical home appliances including fridges, dishwashers, washer dryers, and many more. Zapier is yet to see this kind of integration.
- Creating an applet – Zapier enables you to create new custom Zaps in minutes. However, with IFTTT if you can’t find an Applet that fits your requirements, creating a new Applet is not, in comparison to Zapier, a straightforward task.
💳 Pricing: IFTTT has three plans. There’s a free forever plan, and then there are two paid plans – the Pro and the Pro+. The Pro will set you back $2.50 per month and with that you get 20 applets. The Pro+ will cost you $5 per month, but you’ll get unlimited applets.
Those are the best free Zapier alternatives
As you can see, there are numerous free Zapier alternatives, all of which offer different features that suit a plethora of needs. So which solution caught your eye?
Have we missed out any great free Zapier alternatives? If so, please share in the comments below…