Searching for the best premium WordPress plugins to enhance your site?
While you can do a lot with just free plugins, premium plugins can sometimes offer more advanced features and better user experience. Plus, you’ll usually get support from the developer when you pay for a plugin, which has value all its own.
But if you’re going to be spending your hard-earned money, you’ll want to make sure it’s worth it.
To make that happen, we’ve put together a curated list of the ten best premium WordPress plugins for all different kinds of sites.
Let’s get started! 🏁
Best premium WordPress plugins money can buy in 2023
These are our picks for the ten best premium WordPress plugins, in no particular order:
Gravity Forms is a popular WordPress form plugin that only comes in a premium version.
While you can use Gravity Forms for basic contact forms, what really makes it unique is all the more advanced applications that you can build thanks to its large library of official and third-party add-ons.
It’s a good option for payment forms, lead capture forms, business process forms, applications, and lots more. Plus, you can integrate it with tons of different third-party services via official integrations or Zapier/webhooks.
Overall, if you’re looking to build more advanced forms and workflows on your site, Gravity Forms is a great place to start.
Key features 🖱️
- Design forms using a drag-and-drop builder
- Create all different kinds of forms like payment, lead capture, and more
- Adjust form behavior using conditional logic and calculations
- Integrate with third-party services including CRMs, email marketing services, project management tools, and more
- Access 30+ form field types to customize your forms
- Manage online payments with integrations like Stripe, Square, and more
- Build WCAG 2.0 AA-compliant forms
- Ensure data security with GDPR compliance, Google reCAPTCHA, and anti-spam features
Gravity Forms offers three premium plans:
- Basic License for $59 per year
- Pro License for $159 per year
- Elite License for $259 per year
If you have a registered nonprofit organization, there’s also a Nonprofit License that can save you a lot of money.
For more information, go to the Gravity Forms pricing page. 👈
2. Divi Builder
While most people know Divi as a WordPress theme, you can also access a standalone version of its visual, drag-and-drop builder via the Divi Builder plugin.
With this plugin, you can use Divi’s design tools with any WordPress theme, such as our Neve theme.
You still get access to all the same design options, including the Theme Builder feature that lets you fully customize your theme’s templates using Divi.
Overall, if you like Divi’s design interface but you don’t like the Divi theme itself, Divi Builder could be one of the best premium WordPress plugins for you.
Key features 🖱️
- Use the Divi interface with any WordPress theme
- Design using a visual, drag-and-drop builder – no code needed
- Edit text content by just clicking and typing on the page
- Design your pages in real-time and see immediate results as you make changes
- Customize your designs with a huge array of design and style options for each element
- Access an extensive library of 2,000+ pre-made designs and 200+ website elements
- Extend Divi’s capabilities and create custom modules with the developer API
You can access Divi via the Elegant Themes membership, which has two plans:
- Yearly Access for $89 per year
- Lifetime Access for $249 (one-time payment)
Both plans give you access to both the plugin version and the theme version of Divi at no extra cost.
For more information, go to the Divi pricing page. 👈
Beaver Builder is a page builder plugin that aims to compete with the likes of Elementor or the aforementioned Divi Builder.
While there is technically a free version of Beaver Builder at WordPress.org, it is incredibly limited. So, it’s best to just think of Beaver Builder as a premium-only plugin.
You can create sites with a drag-and-drop frontend builder and a wide array of modules. There’s also a vibrant marketplace of third-party Beaver Builder add-ons to add new modules and templates.
One area where Beaver Builder stands out against other builders is performance. All things equal, your designs will usually load faster in Beaver Builder than other solutions (though it’s still not as lightweight as the native WordPress editor).
Key features 🖱️
- Design your content using a visual, drag-and-drop builder
- Avoid slowing down your site thanks to Beaver Builder’s comparatively lightweight code
- Use the Beaver Themer add-on to access full theme building
- Further extend Beaver Builder with a wide array of third-party add-ons
- Use Beaver Builder on unlimited sites
Beaver Builder offers four premium plans:
- Standard for $99 per year
- Pro for $199 per year
- Agency for $399 per year
- Ultimate for $546 per year
For more information, go to the Beaver Builder pricing page. 👈
4. WP Rocket
WP Rocket is a premium caching plugin that offers an easy way to speed up your site and optimize for various metrics such as Core Web Vitals.
While there are lots of free caching plugins, one way that WP Rocket justifies its premium price tag is by offering a simpler setup process, especially for more advanced optimizations like code optimization. It also has built-in integrations for a lot of plugins and web hosts.
So, if you’re willing to pay a little money to simplify your life when it comes to WordPress performance optimization, WP Rocket might be worth the expense.
Key features 🖱️
- Use page caching to speed up your site’s load times and improve performance in high-traffic situations
- Access special features designed to improve Core Web Vitals metrics
- Access other performance optimization best practices like lazy loading, database optimization, and more
- Automatically integrate with most popular hosts, along with plugins like WooCommerce
- Speed up your site’s global load times with a content delivery network (CDN) for an extra fee
- Optimize your ecommerce site and exclude sensitive pages from the cache to ensure smooth purchasing processes
WP Rocket offers three premium plans:
- Single for $59 per year
- Plus for $119 per year
- Infinite for $299 per year
For more information, go to the WP Rocket pricing page. 👈
While it is one of the more expensive membership plugins out there (especially after the first-year discount ends), it backs up its prices with one of the strongest feature lists that you’ll find in any other option.
Key features 🖱️
- Control who sees your content with powerful access rules and timed content releases
- Build and sell online courses with a built-in course builder
- Charge one-time or recurring fees for access to your site
- Create unlimited membership levels and tiers
- Automate billing and allow members to join and upgrade directly from your website
- Make your website a home for your customers with a personalized members-only area
- Implement your own affiliate program with the Easy Affiliate integration
MemberPress offers three premium plans. However, keep in mind that there’s a big price jump after the first year when you go to renew your license.
- Basic for $179.50 for the first year, then $359 per year
- Plus for $299.50 for the first year, then $599 per year
- Pro for $399.50 for the first year, then $799 per year
For more information, go to the MemberPress pricing page. 👈
MailPoet is a newsletter and email marketing plugin that lets you manage everything without leaving your WordPress dashboard.
It’s one of the best premium WordPress plugins for running any type of newsletter or email marketing effort. Think of it as a full replacement for SaaS email marketing services like Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Campaign Monitor, and more.
You can create email opt-in forms using the native WordPress editor and send users great-looking emails with pre-built templates and a drag-and-drop email builder.
One thing that helps MailPoet stand out versus other WordPress newsletter plugins is that it includes its own built-in email sending service. That way, you can be confident that your emails will make it to subscribers’ inboxes without needing to set up a separate SMTP service.
Key features 🖱️
- Build email opt-in forms using the native WordPress editor
- Design emails using a visual, drag-and-drop builder
- Send one-off emails or set up automatic sequences
- Automatically send users emails whenever you publish a new blog post
- Personalize your email campaigns with list segmentation
- Access special WooCommerce integrations such as abandoned cart emails and post-purchase follow-ups
- Customize the appearance of your WooCommerce emails with Woo Email Customizer
- Ensure reliable inbox delivery with MailPoet’s built-in email sending service
MailPoet offers two premium plans:
- Business for $9 per month (billed yearly)
- Agency for $26 per month (billed yearly)
These prices are for 500 subscribers, and the price increases based on the number of them.
For more information, go to the MailPoet pricing page. 👈
As the name suggests, ThirstyAffiliates is one of the best premium WordPress plugins to help you unlock the full potential of your affiliate marketing efforts.
With this tool, you can cloak and protect your affiliate links while also inserting affiliate links in your content more easily.
With compatibility across all affiliate programs, ThirstyAffiliates offers you the tools to monetize your WordPress site effectively.
Key features 🖱️
- Cloak your affiliate links to create clean URLs – e.g., yoursite.com/recommends/product-name
- Automatically link affiliate links to specified keywords
- Access charts and tables with valuable statistics, and receive regular admin email reports to track your affiliate marketing performance
- Customize destination URLs based on international clicks through country targeting
- Choose to uncloak links for complete compliance with Amazon’s terms of service
- Ensure your affiliate links are always up-to-date with a front-end link-fixing script
- Stay on top of broken affiliate links with proactive link checking
- Import links from third-party APIs like Amazon Products API
ThirstyAffiliates offers three premium plans:
- Basic for $79.50 for the first year, then $159 per year
- Plus for $129.50 for the first year, then $259 per year
- Advanced for $199.50 for the first year, then $399 per year
For more information, go to the ThirstyAffiliates pricing page. 👈
8. Link Whisper
Link Whisper is one of the best premium WordPress plugins to help you add relevant internal links to your content and boost your SEO efforts.
Internal links are an important strategy for SEO and boosting engagement. However, if you have a lot of posts on your site, it can be tough to optimize your internal links from memory alone.
Link Whisper simplifies this by looking through all your content and automatically suggesting relevant links right from the WordPress editor. You can then insert these internal links into your content with just a few clicks. Or, there’s even an option to add them 100% automatically.
Key features 🖱️
- Get internal link suggestions as you write
- Automatically add internal links if you want to save even more time
- Discover internal link opportunities for older posts as well
- View reporting about link usage on your site
- Integrate with various editors and themes, including Gutenberg, Beaver Builder, Thrive Architect, Elementor, WooCommerce, and more
Link Whisper offers three premium plans:
- 1 Site License for $77 per year
- 3 Site License for $117 per year
- 10 Site License for $167 per year
For more information, go to the Link Whisper pricing page. 👈
Optimole offers an all-in-one solution for optimizing your site’s images and just generally managing them more easily. As such, it’s one of the best premium WordPress plugins for speeding up your site and optimizing your media.
To start, it can help you implement a variety of image optimization best practices including compression, resizing, lazy loading, file format optimization, and more.
It also offers adaptive images, which means that it will serve the optimized image size to each individual user. To make this happen, Optimole serves images from its built-in content delivery network (CDN) powered by Amazon CloudFront.
Beyond that, it includes some helpful image management tools, such as the option to offload images to Amazon S3 to free up space on your server.
Key features 🖱️
- Automatically compress and resize images
- Serve adaptive images so that each visitor gets the optimal image size and compression ratio
- Serve images from a global CDN
- Convert images to WebP or AVIF
- Lazy load images, with excluding the first image to improve Largest Contentful Paint
- Add custom watermarks to protect your images
- Offload your images to Amazon S3
Optimole offers three premium plans:
- Starter for $19.08 per month (billed yearly)
- Business for $39.08 per month (billed yearly)
- Flexible for a custom price
Plans are primarily billed on the number of monthly visits on your site.
For more information, go to the Optimole pricing page. 👈
Jetpack VaultPress Backup is a premium backup plugin from Automattic, the same team behind WordPress.com and WooCommerce.
What makes Jetpack VaultPress Backup unique versus most other WordPress backup plugins is that it offers real-time incremental backups instead of only backing up your site on a defined schedule.
This means that every change to your site is immediately backed up to an off-site cloud storage location. This can be especially helpful for sites that change a lot, such as WooCommerce stores receiving new orders, online courses tracking student progress, and more.
You also get a 30-day backup archive along with one-click restores.
Key features 🖱️
- Back up changes to your site in real time
- Store backup data and changes for 30 days
- Protect WooCommerce customers and order data
- Secure your data with Jetpack Scan, Akismet, and website firewall (higher-tier plan only)
- Restore your site to any host
- Access your activity log and restore it from anywhere using the Jetpack mobile app
Jetpack VaultPress Backup offers two premium plans:
- VaultPress Backup for $4.95 per month for the first year (billed yearly) and then $9.95 per month after that
- Security for $9.95 per month for the first year (billed yearly) and then $19.95 per month after that
For more information, go to the pricing section on the Jetpack VaultPress Backup homepage. 👈
Final thoughts on the best premium WordPress plugins
If you’ve read this far, congratulations! You’re one step further to optimizing your WordPress site, thanks to the ten best premium WordPress plugins listed in this article.
From building custom forms with Gravity Forms to improving the size and fit of your images with Optimole, the possibilities to design your blog or ecommerce store are (almost) endless.
And they’re worth the price you pay for them. While there are many excellent WordPress free plugins available, sometimes choosing premium ones can be worth the extra money in terms of the features that you can access or the time that you can save.
Do you still have any questions about which of these best premium WordPress plugins you should choose? Let us know in the comments!