Searching for the best WordPress banner plugins?
Banner plugins can be useful in a lot of different ways. You can do things like displaying banner advertisements, an announcement bar, placing a situation update banner (like eCommerce delivery update due to COVID), and lots more.
In this post, we’ve collected six of the best banner plugins for various use cases, ranging from banner ad management to simple announcements and cookie consent notices. Because some plugins specialize in specific types of banners, we’ve also noted that next to each plugin’s name.
Best WordPress banner plugins
Now that you know what you can do with WordPress banner plugins, it’s time to showcase six of the best. The one that’s the best fit will largely depend on the type of banners you’d like to create.
- Simple Banner – nice for simple announcements.
- Custom Banners – useful for ad placements or other types of monetization.
- Banner Management for WooCommerce – helps you create carousel/slider banners on various WooCommerce pages.
- Ad Inserter – helps you manage and insert banner ads at various spots on your site. Supports Google AdSense and other platforms, as well as custom ads.
- Bulletin – helps you create announcements, promos, CTAs, etc.
- CookieYes – specifically for displaying a cookie consent banner to comply with privacy laws.
1. Simple Banner – Announcements
Simple Banner is a great WordPress plugin for putting up an announcement bar or for placing a simple banner at the top of your site, above the main menu.
You can use this free plugin for festive sales announcements, pandemic situation updates, free delivery to specific locations, and so on.
The best part is that you can fully customize the banner design and add your own CSS for unique changes.
- Easily hide Simple Banner with one click
- Change font size and background/text/link color
- Close button with auto expiration for GDPR compliance
💵 Pricing: Free
2. Custom Banners – Banner ad placements
The second option on our list is one of the most popular WordPress banner plugins for ad monetization.
If you are using several banners and want to display them on the front end, this plugin would be a great fit. Custom Banners allows you to set up banners and re-use them throughout the site.
You can add a beginner-friendly banner anywhere using the shortcode or implement it as an easy-to-use widget.
Custom Banners also gives you options to rotate your banner advertisements. You can assign banners in a specific group, and it will then automatically rotate through different types of banners in that group.
You can also use it for special announcements by using a pre-set publish time.
- Helps you display banner advertisements on your site
- Easily add captions or CTAs to your banners
- Rotate between several banners using banner groups
- Auto publish new banners at a selected time
💵 Pricing: While you can display unlimited banners with the free plugin, you can also upgrade to Custom Banners Pro for $99 / year. Once you do, you’ll have access to support, click tracking, customization, and more.
3. Banner Management for WooCommerce – Sliders/banners
Banner Management Plugin for WooCommerce is an awesome plugin for adding or uploading banner/carousel sliders on almost any of your WooCommerce store pages. You can use your banners to promote deals, support your customers, make announcements, and more.
This WordPress banner plugin is available in both free and paid versions. While most features like banner navigation, responsiveness, custom banner URL, or banner scheduling are missing in the free version, you can still use it to create beautiful banners for your store.
- Automatically insert banners on WooCommerce content
- Target banners to specific content like product page, shop page, cart page, checkout page, etc.
- Schedule banners to run at certain times
- Display a random banner
💵 Pricing: The premium version of the plugin is available from $89 / year for a single site license. The premium version of the plugin offers greater customization options and enhanced scheduling tools.
4. Ad Inserter- Banner ad placements
Next on our list of WordPress banner plugins is Ad Inserter. It is a monetization plugin that lets you inject banner advertisements or other types of content at various spots on your site.
What makes it unique is the wide variety of ad networks it works with, including Google AdSense, Google Ad Manager, contextual Amazon Native Shopping Ads, Media.net, Infolinks, and rotating banners.
Being rated the best WordPress ad management plugin by WordPress community experts, it is definitely an excellent option for creating ad banners on your site.
- It allows you to insert ad code anywhere on the page
- Preview code easily with a visual editor
- Add custom labels above adverts
- Ad rotation and ad-blocking detection
- Schedule ads to run at certain times
💵 Pricing: Free
5. Bulletin – Announcements
As the name clearly indicates, this banner plugin is for those who want to publish announcements or notices.
Bulletin is a lightweight plugin for quickly adding announcement banners, shop notices, delivery updates, and more. If you are looking to place COVID updates, you can do that, too.
You can place your banners as a top or bottom notification banner, as well as in the corners.
In addition to emergency announcements, you can place an event countdown and cookie notice. You can fully customize everything, from appearance to CTAs and placement locations.
- Top, bottom, or corner notification bars
- Customize your banners using a real-time preview via the native WordPress Customizer
- Showcase placements for selected pages or logged-in users
- Add unique device-specific notifications
- Rotate multiple messages on your banners
💵 Pricing: Pro plans start at $19 / year for a single site license. With the paid plugin, you can add CTAs, use Google fonts, and create sliders.
6. CookieYes – Cookie consent banners
The last pick for our “WordPress banner plugins” list is for placing GDPR cookie consent and compliance notices. You can use it to make your site GDPR, DSGVO, RGPD, CCPA, and LGPD compliant. All these cookie norms are essential for complying with privacy rights for residents of different locations. You can easily display the list of cookies you are using by placing it via a shortcode.
- Show a cookie consent banner with Accept and Reject options
- Choose to disappear cookie notice bar after a few seconds or accept on scroll (if these features are legal in your jurisdiction)
- Integrates seamlessly with official Facebook Pixel and Smash Balloon social feed plugins
- Integrates with popular translation plugins for creating multilingual cookie consent notices
💵 Pricing: The premium version is available from $69 / year for a single site license. You’ll enjoy greater cookie management, location-based exclusions, enhanced customization options, and much more.
Which are the best WordPress banner plugins for you?
Selecting the best WordPress plugin for banners really depends on what type of functionality you are looking for. You might just need one of these plugins or you might prefer multiple plugins for different use cases.
For simple banner announcements, you might want Simple Banner or Bulletin. For those who want to control ad placements better, use Ad Inserter, and lastly, for showcasing cookie compliance, use CookieYes.
If you want to see some more options for creating simple announcement or promo banners, you can also browse our collection of the best WordPress notification bar plugins.
Do you still have any questions about these WordPress banner plugins? Let us know in the comments section!