QR (Quick Response) codes are a great way to help customers quickly access information on your site. Therefore, you might be looking to use a WordPress QR code generator, but you’re not sure which tool to choose.
Fortunately, finding the best QR code generator for your website is easy when you know what to look for. 😎 For instance, you might need a tool that lets you produce dynamic QR codes or add codes to your WooCommerce site.
In this post, we’ll take a closer look at how to use QR codes on your site. Then, we’ll explore five of the best WordPress QR code generators. Let’s get started!
How to use QR codes in WordPress
QR codes have become popular in recent years due to their convenience. People can use them to learn more about a service or product, without needing to type out a URL in their browser.
Plus, QR codes are great for businesses because they make it easy to track important metrics. For instance, you can see how many times the QR code has been scanned to measure customer engagement.
There are plenty of ways you can use QR codes in WordPress. If you manage an online store, you can use them to direct users to specific product pages. Alternatively, you might add data to the code that contains information about the availability of your products, prices, and customer reviews.
QR codes are also used to provide customers with digital tickets for events. Plus, they can be printed and utilized as barcodes or delivery labels.
In other instances, you might use QR codes on your website to offer a limited-time discount, provide access to the App Store, or translate your page into other languages. Fortunately, you’ll find a WordPress QR code generator for almost every purpose.
Five best WordPress QR code generators
Now, let’s take a look at five of the best WordPress QR code generators for your website or WooCommerce store:
- Shortcodes Ultimate
- Kaya QR Code Generator
- UPI QR Code Payment Gateway
- QR Code MeCard/vCard Generator
Current Version: 1.4.3
Last Updated: March 14, 2023
Qyrr offers a simple but powerful way to create and manage QR codes on your site. Its clean and intuitive interface makes it an excellent option for beginners. Plus, you can add your codes to your pages using a shortcode or a dedicated Gutenberg block.
What’s more, Qyrr is highly customizable, so you can easily make the QR codes your own. For example, you can apply custom colors to match your branding, add your company logo, and modify the quiet zone and error handling levels. Better yet, Qyrr is optimized for speed, so you don’t need to worry about slowing down your site.
🎯 Key features:
- QR codes are saved and converted as a data URI so the shortcode doesn’t rely on any heavy scripts that could impact your performance.
- The free version supports pages/posts and external URLs while the Pro version extends to texts, emails, WhatsApp, and more.
- Qyrr Pro includes a bulk generation tool.
You can enjoy the free Qyrr WordPress plugin or upgrade to Qyrr Pro for more features. Plans start at $49.99 per year.
2. Shortcodes Ultimate
Current Version: 5.12.11
Last Updated: March 29, 2023
Shortcodes Ultimate is a WordPress QR code generator that provides access to tons of visual and functional elements. For example, you can create buttons, boxes, carousels, videos, and QR codes. Plus, you can place these elements in your post editor, text widgets, and template files.
Better yet, Shortcodes Ultimate offers modern mobile-friendly designs that are easy to edit and ready to be translated. Additionally, the plugin works with any theme and is totally compatible with Gutenberg, so it slots right in with your existing site.
In terms of QR codes, you’ll be most interested in the dedicated QR code shortcode. It lets you easily create a QR code that points to any URL – internal or external. You also get options to customize the size, color, and more.
Or, you can also just encode static data instead of a URL, such as a bit of text (e.g., a cryptocurrency wallet address).
🎯 Key features:
- The dedicated QR code shortcode lets you point to any URL, including a dynamic URL, to automatically insert the link of the current post. You can also just include static text.
- You can easily customize the style and size of your QR code.
- Beyond QR codes, you’ll get access to over 50 other helpful shortcodes.
Shortcodes Ultimate is a free WordPress QR code generator, but you have the option to upgrade to a premium version. Plans start at $39 per year.
3. Kaya QR Code Generator
Current Version: 1.5.2
Last Updated: March 20, 2023
Kaya QR Code Generator creates QR codes through a built-in widget or shortcode. Therefore, you can easily add codes to your pages, posts, sidebars, WooCommerce products, and more.
What’s more, you can create static or dynamic QR codes. These can contain information like text, links, or even a Bitcoin address.
One of the best parts about Kaya is that it’s a stand-alone QR code tool, so the settings are a little more flexible. For instance, you can modify the QR code color and size, change the background color, adjust the error correction level, and more.
🎯 Key features:
- It’s easy to preview your QR codes and download them thanks to the Generator Assistant.
- It’s compatible with WordPress and WooCommerce, so it’s a great option for online stores.
- The plugin is fully customizable, so you can add titles, change the alignment, switch colors, and more.
Kaya QR Code Generator is a completely free WordPress plugin.
4. UPI QR Code Payment Gateway
Current Version: 1.3.3
Last Updated: March 27, 2023
UPI QR Code Payment Gateway is a great choice for Indian WooCommerce shop owners who want to avoid the fees associated with traditional payment gateways.
When a customer goes to make a purchase on your site, they will see UPI (Unified Payments Interface) as a payment option. If selected, it will open a new page that shows the UPI QR code and contains the payment details.
⚠ UPI is a real-time payment system that’s popular in India – if your store isn’t targeting the Indian market, you probably shouldn’t use this plugin (though UPI does have plans to expand internationally).
This WordPress QR code generator enables customers to make instant payments rather than being directed through a bunch of different pages. Users can choose from several UPI apps, including Google Pay.
🎯 Key features:
- UPI QR Code Payment Gateway works with any theme and is completely mobile-friendly.
- The plugin does not include any hidden fees or additional charges.
- It offers a direct payment option for customers.
UPI QR Code Payment gateway is a free WordPress QR code generator.
5. QR Code MeCard/vCard Generator
Current Version: 1.5.6
Last Updated: March 28, 2023
QR Code MeCard/vCard Generator is one of the best WordPress QR code generators for sharing contact information like emails and phone numbers. The plugin generates QR codes in MeCard or vCard format, which you can then add to your pages with a widget or shortcode.
Or, you can share it in print media so that people can quickly access your contact information.
The plugin has a neat, user-friendly interface. Plus, it provides options to add images, titles, and notes. You can also specify a border size and change the correction level of your codes.
🎯 Key features:
- You can generate QR codes in MeCard or vCard format.
- You can insert codes through a widget or shortcode.
- It lets you adjust the border and correction level of QR codes, and add images, titles, as well as notes.
QR Code MeCard/vCard Generator is a completely free plugin.
Try a WordPress QR code generator today 🏁
QR codes offer a great way to improve your customer experience thanks to their efficiency. You can use them to provide instant information about a product or service, offer a limited-time discount, and direct users to specific pages on your site.
To recap, here are some of the best WordPress QR code generators on the market:
- Qyrr: A user-friendly tool with a lot of customization options.
- Shortcodes Ultimate: Easily create a QR code anywhere on your site using a shortcode.
- Kaya QR Code Generator: It lets you generate fully customizable QR codes.
- UPI QR Code Payment Gateway: The ideal tool for store owners in India looking to avoid payment gateway fees by using the Unified Payments Interface.
- QR Code MeCard/vCard Generator: This QR code generator is perfect for sharing contact information with customers.
👉 If you’re specifically looking to create a QR code for your restaurant website, we also have a dedicated post on how to create a restaurant QR code menu.
Do you have any questions about choosing a WordPress QR code generator? Let us know in the comments section below!
Or start the conversation in our Facebook group for WordPress professionals. Find answers, share tips, and get help from other WordPress experts. Join now (it’s free)!