When we released our Neve theme in September 2018, we wanted to give you a lightning fast theme built for a new era of web development. We haven’t been resting on our laurels, though, and in the ten months since that initial release, we’ve been hard at work making Neve the ultimate WordPress theme for beginners and experts.
Today, we’re finally ready to reveal Neve 2.0’s exciting features designed to give you total control over your web building experience. 🎉
When you decide to build your site with Neve 2.0, you’ll enjoy top-to-bottom control over your layouts. The all-new header and footer builder will allow you to build creative headers via a simple drag-and-drop interface. Furthermore, with the specific layout controls, you can now customize your site’s appearance according to page goals right from the live WordPress Customizer.
We’ve also continued to add Elementor and Block Editor options to make it easy to build your website according to your goals and vision, and we’ve also added more starter sites, so you can get your sites up and running quickly without sacrificing any quality or attractiveness.
We’re excited about these enhancements to Neve’s core flexibility, and we think it’s our most impressive theme yet. In fact, we were so excited that we used Neve when we redesigned the ThemeIsle site. So, without further ado, let’s dive in to see what you can achieve with Neve.
Here’s what you get with the Neve 2.0 theme
- Neve is a lightweight theme with AMP integration and page builder compatibility.
- The new drag-and-drop Header and Footer builder helps you build the perfect site from head to toe.
- You can customize your layouts and page widths with the LayoutBooster feature.
- The new BlogBooster feature adds controls and features to give you more control over your blog’s layout and appearance.
- Neve’s WooBooster adds more options for your WooCommerce store to present your products in a more attractive light.
- The new typography controls give you more control over your headings and text, including text-transform.
- You’ll get more color controls than ever before.
- Neve’s built-in mega menu functionality helps you add the menu style that Nielsen says helps “you sell more (or meet other business goals”.
- You can get started faster than ever with more importable demo sites built with Elementor or the WordPress Block Editor (Gutenberg).
- The all-new Pro Add-on gives you even more options for the BlogBooster, WooBooster, Advanced Custom Layouts, and more.
- Neve is translation ready with the seal of approval from both WPML and Weglot,
- All of the new features complement and build upon the original theme to increase the adaptability without sacrificing the speed.
Let’s take a deeper look at some of these new features…
Header and Footer Builder
When it comes to your relationship with your users, few elements are more important than the header. This is often the first thing people see and it has a huge impact on users’ journeys. Unfortunately, the header was also one of the most challenging elements to change. That’s all changed with Neve 2.0’s Header and Footer Builder.
Now, you can build your header by dragging and dropping all the important elements in the real-time WordPress Customizer. You’ll be able to create a header that is unique to your brand without sacrificing any of the usability that keeps visitors on your site. Plus, you’ll find it easier than ever to keep up with trends and changing tastes.
Each of the components is highly customizable and we love the menu style options. You can change all of the style elements in your menu right from the Customizer:
Better yet, you can build unique header layouts for mobile and desktop right from the Customizer. You can also control the padding and margins for each individual element to help you get the perfect placement.
Neve 2.0 layout options
With Neve 2.0, you will enjoy a new range of options for your page layouts. The binary option of narrow and full-width is more diverse with options to control the container width on individual pages.
You will be able to design and adapt your layout according to function. For example, you can ensure your blog prioritizes readability with narrow pages while retaining a distraction-free shopping experience on your WooCommerce product or shop pages. The simple click-and-slide interface will help you create the perfect balance for your entire range of content.
Blog layout options
The new blog layout options in Neve 2.0 are perfect for content creators who are interested in playing with their metadata.
Neve has three grid options with more options available for the number of columns and masonry layouts. You can also set the perfect teaser with control over the excerpt length.
And if you have a lot of content, you will also enjoy the ability to set infinite scroll or page numbers in the post pagination options. Finally, you can control the content order and metadata to get the perfect look every time.
For your single posts, you can order or remove any of the elements, from the title and metadata through to the thumbnail or even the content itself:
WooCommerce shop and product controls
You’ll now have more control than ever over your WooCommerce shop and product pages. You can experiment with different sidebar layouts or container widths to find the combo that maximizes your store’s shopping experience:
Beyond that, you can add exclusive products to your single products pages to promote different categories from your product range.
Elementor and Block Editor integrations
We’ve recognized the arrival of the new WordPress block editor and the continued popularity of page builders with Neve’s back-to-front integrations. Whether you work in the back-end or the front-end, you will enjoy the editing experience that brings WYSIWYG editing closer to reality.
By displaying Neve’s settings in the editor, you’ll enjoy a safer, closer alignment with your front-end. Whether you want to change widths or drop a sidebar, you will be able to do it in the back-end for your posts, products, and pages.
Beyond that, you can pair Neve with Otter Blocks to get CSS animations and Neve specific blocks for your pages:
More importable starter sites
We know that WordPress is good for a diverse range of sites; from blogs, eCommerce stores, charities, corporate sites, and more.
To help you get started no matter what your niche is, Neve has a diverse range of starter sites available right from the WordPress dashboard; no plugins required. What’s more, you can choose between sites built with the native block editor or the Elementor page builder, so that you can always have your preferred editing experience.
And with Neve 2.0, you get more importable demo sites than ever before. Here are some of the new options:
Here’s what you get with the Neve 2.0 Pro add-on
Everything above is available for free, but we’re also adding some new goodies for people who purchase the new Pro add-on. It will bring more adaptability and control with advanced options for bloggers, shop owners, and agencies.
Here’s what you’ll get with Neve Pro:
- Use on unlimited domains, fair use applies, available with every plan.
- Scroll-to-top to help your users return to the top of the page quickly (all plans).
- More Header and Footer options like a sticky or transparent menu, page header builder, social icons component and many more (all plans).
- Advanced Custom Layout builder which allows users to create their own custom layouts (using either Gutenberg, Elementor or custom PHP code) and use those layouts as headers or footers for the site, or place them in any of the custom hook locations available in the theme (all plans).
- Full access to BlogBooster module (all plans).
- Full access to WooBooster module which brings in some new exciting features like products videos, wishlist, multiple shop layouts, distraction-free checkout and more (Business and Agency plans only).
- White label functionality for agencies looking to add their branding across the entire site (Agency plans only).
How to get Neve 2.0
If you want to try the new Neve 2.0, you can get started with the free verson at WordPress.org:
Give Neve 2.0 a try and share your thoughts
So, that’s all of the features you will find in Neve 2.0. We’re excited to share all of the developments with you and we hope you will try it.
After you try Neve, we’d love to hear about it. If you built a new site with Neve, then drop us a line with the link; we’d love to see how you used it to achieve your goals.
If you have any questions, or you need some more information, then we recommend joining us in the Neve Facebook Group, where experienced and new users alike come together to share hints and tips. Looking forward to seeing you there.