Customer support is usually the unsung hero behind plenty of e-commerce operations. If you don’t have a decent system and competent agents in place, sooner or later your sales will be adversely affected. That’s why WooCommerce support extensions are crucial for anyone serious about their business.
There are plenty of support extensions available (and loads of WooCommerce extensions in general), all helping you to provide a better experience for your customers. In this piece, we’ve narrowed the choices down to the best three WooCommerce support extensions. We’ll look at what makes them so valuable, and how each solution fares against each other.
If you’re a little light on time, here are our findings summarized:
|Help Scout||Freshdesk||Awesome Support|
|Price of the extension (for a single site)||$79||$79||$49|
|Price of the service (per month, per agent)||Free or $79 for the first premium tier||Free or $16 for the first premium tier||Free|
|Supported agents (for the basic tier)||Unlimited||3||Unlimited|
|Support channels||Via WordPress and via their platform||Via WordPress, via their platform, and via phone||Via WordPress|
|Support for knowledge bases||Yes||Yes||Yes (another add-on)|
The value of WooCommerce support extensions
A good support experience is valuable for any service website, and doubly so for WooCommerce sites. Big names such as Amazon understands this, going above and beyond to provide an excellent experience. This might seem like a waste of resources, especially when you could be focusing on internal matters such as improving your invoicing systems, but it’s arguably one of the reasons why the big companies dominate the market.
Simply put, if you’re committed to providing high-quality support, installing a WooCommerce support extension could improve your brand and customer experience, ultimately increasing your sales.
The best WooCommerce support extensions compared
Below, we’ve chosen three WooCommerce support extensions to focus on. We’ve looked at their main features, how well they integrate, their price, and a quick consideration of each solution’s best use case. They’re in no particular order, so let’s get started!
Help Scout is a big name in the support industry, with notable customers such as Basecamp, Buffer, and Pocket. They aren’t built exclusively for e-commerce support, but the necessary functionality is included all the same.
- Customers can make multiple reports and check on their status on a personal dashboard.
- You can start conversations with customers while checking individual orders and posts.
- You can add Carbon Copy (CC) and Blind Carbon Copy (BCC) report recipients. This is perfect if you want to be kept in the loop for tickets while letting others handle them.
- Ability to handle reports from within WooCommerce, or through the Help Scout platform.
- You can embed customizable forms on your pages.
Integration with WooCommerce
Although Help Scout does enable you to handle reports within your store, you need to pay for a subscription on top of purchasing the extension. Once the extension is set up and you’re subscribed, you’ll need to manually link your Help Scout account to WooCommerce.
$79, $99, and $199 yearly subscriptions for the extension, which entitles you to support and updates. Afterwards, you’re free to continue using the extension, albeit without further support.
A Help Scout subscription will cost you $20 or $40 per user, per month unless you stick to the free plan, which limits you to a single mailbox.
When to consider using Help Scout
Help Scout is a robust support tool that handles tickets from orders and posts, complete with the option of automatically forwarding report copies via email.
Freshdesk includes support for both WordPress sites and WooCommerce operations. It enables users to handle tickets in an organized fashion through the use of tags and categories, and to manage automatic replies.
- Enables users to check their active tickets through their WooCommerce accounts.
- Provides your support team with private forums to discuss internal issues.
- Connects specific products to Freshdesk forums and categories, for easier management.
- Enables you to create a custom knowledge base that tackles the most common support issues for your operation.
- Lets your team to provide support via Voice Over IP (VoIP) using the Freshdesk platform.
Integration with WooCommerce
$79, $99, and $199 yearly subscriptions for the extension, including updates and support. You are free to keep the extension afterwards, but you’ll have to renew your subscription to access those features again.
There are several pricing tiers for Freshdesk: Free, $19, $35, $49, and $89 per month, per agent.
When to consider using Freshdesk
Freshdesk is ideal for providing your support team with a tool that enables them to collaborate on support issues. In addition, it includes also a VoIP option if you’d like to go down that route.
Awesome Support in itself is an awesome (pun intended) tool if you want to provide support directly via your main WordPress website. And with this additional WooCommerce extension, you can integrate your store tightly with your way of handling customer support.
- All your e-commerce products visible in the Products tab of Awesome Support by default.
- Enables customers to leave feedback on their purchases, and send in support tickets.
- Every ticket can be linked to its corresponding order.
- Customers can specify which product within the order the ticket is related to.
- Everything is tied together, support tickets, products, and orders.
- Easy to use for your customers – they can go to their account page, find a specific order they’re having problems with, and click the Get Help button to submit a ticket. All within a single dashboard.
Integration with WooCommerce
The integration in this case is very straightforward. All you need to do is first install and activate the main Awesome Support plugin, which is free. And then, install and activate the WooCommerce extension. After that, you’re good to go. No sign-up anywhere needed.
$49 (single site), $88 (two-five sites), $158 (unlimited sites). Each of these plans also entitles you to a full year of updates and premium support – both for the extension itself and the main Awesome Support plugin.
When to consider using Awesome Support
Awesome Support is a great solution for those who need deep integration with WordPress and WooCommerce, and don’t necessarily want to have to sign up for a third-party support tool.
Good client relations are the bedrock of any e-commerce operation that wishes to succeed. Failure to get on board with customer relations could see your reputation take a hit, and your sales tumble.
The three WooCommerce support extensions we’re featured provide you with all of the necessary tools to achieve good customer service. Let’s take one final look at each of them, and their best features:
- Help Scout: Lets you handle support tickets for orders and general inquiries through posts.
- Freshdesk: Enables you to offer support using regular tickets and VoIP calls, and provide a community for your team.
- Awesome Support: Provides good integration with WooCommerce products and orders, and also lets customers submit tickets through their main user panel on your site.
Are there any other WooCommerce support extensions that you would personally recommend? Share them with everyone else in the comments section below!