For many WooCommerce store owners, shipping can be one of the biggest challenges logistically. Not only is it technically difficult to set up, but it also affects your overall customer experience. However, you can combat the issue by installing one of the best shipping plugins for WooCommerce.
This way, you can calculate accurate shipping rates for customers. Better yet, you can find tools that print shipping labels, and let shoppers know when they can expect their items to arrive. 📦
What to look for in a WooCommerce shipping plugin
When you first start your business, it might be easy to stay on top of customer orders and deliveries. However, as your business expands, you may need to deliver your items to a wider range of customers.
That’s why it can be a good idea to install a WooCommerce shipping plugin. Better yet, it provides a fast way to improve your User Experience (UX) with accurate shipping rates and shipment tracking links.
👉 Since there are tons of options available, here are some key features to look out for in a shipping plugin:
- Shipment tracking. By giving customers access to their orders, you can increase trust in your business.
- Shipping calculator. During the checkout process, it’s important to let shoppers know what they’ll pay if they follow through with the purchase.
- Multiple shipment methods. If you offer a range of products, it’s a good idea to apply different shipping methods to items that vary in weight, size, and product category.
- Logistics support. For stores with a global customer base, it’s nice to see assistance for international and domestic shipping, and things like logistics software and even fulfillment.
All factors considered, you’ll be in a better position to find an excellent shipping plugin that suits your products and customers. 😎
Best shipping plugins for WooCommerce
Now that you know what you’re looking for, let’s take a look at six of the best shipping plugins for WooCommerce.
- Table Rate Shipping Method for WooCommerce
- Advanced Shipment Tracking for WooCommerce
- AfterShip Tracking
- Shipping Calculator, Purchase Shipping Label & Tracking for Customers
- WooCommerce ShipStation Integration
1. Table Rate Shipping Method for WooCommerce
This plugin enables you to easily calculate shipping costs based on weight or cart total. Better yet, you can offer different shipping charges for unique products, product categories, and shipping classes.
What’s more, there are tons of ways to customize the plugin. For example, you can display shipping methods just for logged-in users, and offer free shipping to qualifying purchases.
⚙️ Key details
- Shipping cost based on weight/cart total
- Free shipping
- Cart calculation settings
- Unlimited shipping methods
- Additional costs like handling fees
- Enable/disable shipping methods (PRO)
You can get started with the free version of the plugin, or upgrade from $89 per year.
2. Advanced Shipment Tracking for WooCommerce
Advanced Shipment Tracking (AST) is a full-service tracking solution that includes tracking widgets, tracking links, and tracking numbers. Plus, it makes it easy to change the WooCommerce “Completed” order status to “Shipped” or even “Partially Shipped.”
⚙️ Key features
- Change order status with custom options
- Customizable tracking widget
- Add tracking information to orders
- Over 300 shipping providers (with predefined tracking links)
- Shipment Tracking API to update third-party tracking numbers
- Custom email templates (PRO)
- White label shipping providers (PRO)
- Export tracking information to PayPal (PRO)
There’s a free version of the plugin, or you can purchase AST PRO for $129 a year.
3. AfterShip Tracking
AfterShip helps you create one of the best shipping experiences to increase customer loyalty and satisfaction. Straight from activation, you can add tracking numbers and courier fields to your admin panel.
Additionally, you’ll get access to a sleek dashboard where you can sort shipments, filter shipments, and configure a promised delivery date. Better yet, you’re able to embed a neat AfterShip Track Button for effortless order tracking.
⚙️ Key details
- Automatically import tracking numbers
- User-friendly dashboard to manage orders
- Find out if orders are being delivered on time
- Configure a promised delivery day
- Embed an AfterShip Track Button
- Insert AfterShip’s tracking link
- Delivery notifications via email or SMS
- Customizable tracking pages
- Connects with over 900 shipping providers
You can get started with AfterShip for free, or upgrade to a paid plan from just $9 a month (billed annually at $108 per year).
This multi-purpose tool is one of the best shipping plugins for WooCommerce. You can calculate shipping rates and estimated delivery dates in an instant.
Better yet, on the checkout page, you can add a link to your shipping calculator to edit the shipping label details. Meanwhile, you can send custom emails that contain unique tracking links and labels.
⚙️ Key details
- Shipping rate calculator (with its own page)
- Wide range of shipping services like FedEx, USP, and Canada Post
- Predefined package options (based on weight, volume, and dimensions)
- Generate shipping labels and tracking links
- Handling fees and price adjustments
- Custom emails
- Order completion messages
This is a premium WooCommerce plugin that costs $79 per year.
5. WooCommerce ShipStation Integration
The WooCommerce ShipStation Integration is a great way to streamline your order fulfillment process. The plugin takes care of order imports, label creation, and customer communication.
What’s more, you can generate branded tracking links, and deliver custom emails to update shoppers on the status of their delivery. And, it’s an ideal option for global stores since it’s easy to add GlobalPost to enable swift international shipments.
⚙️ Key features
- Print shipping labels
- Sync tracking information
- Potential discounts with carriers like USP and DHL Express
- Sync orders across all selling channels and marketplaces
- Branded tracking
- Custom emails and SMS
- Generate and transmit customs declarations
- Add GlobalPost for international shipments
You can get started with ShipStation for free, or upgrade from $9.99 a month ($120 per year).
Shippo covers almost every shipment-related task, making it one of the best shipping plugins for WooCommerce. For example, you can create shipment labels, compare carrier rates, and email your customers. Plus, Shippo offers up to 90 percent discounts for USPS, DHL Express, and more.
⚙️ Key details
- Compare carrier rates for every package
- Access discounted shipping rates
- Import WooCommerce orders automatically
- Pre-fill customs documentation for international shipments
- Generate scan-based return labels
- Connect to multiple platforms and marketplaces including WooCommerce, Amazon, Etsy, and Shopify
You can get started with Shippo for free, or choose the Professional plan which costs $10 a month ($120 per year).
Shipping is one of the most important parts of selling products online. Therefore, it’s crucial that you choose one of the best shipping plugins for WooCommerce.
That way, you can automate the process, expand your customer base, and improve the user experience.
🔔 To recap, here are six of the best shipping plugins for WooCommerce:
Do you have any questions about how to choose a shipping plugin for WooCommerce? Let us know in the comments below!