The ThemeIsle blog now accepts and welcomes guest contributions.
Want to have your work featured here? Awesome! Please follow the guidelines below.
The type of content we’re looking for
Our no.1 goal with this blog is making it a great resource for people working with WordPress … be it beginners, people who have just gotten their first WordPress site launched or their first theme installed, and etc.
Every topic we run has to be of interest to our readers and provide some direct value. If you think you can give us an article/post/resource like that then you’re just the
droid person we’re looking for!
Some fine details:
- List posts, tutorials, quick how-to posts … they’re all good as long as they make the thing described above possible.
- Think, WordPress + what you can do to help the WordPress community, or what useful piece of info you can share with it.
- The content needs to be original. As in, never before published anywhere else.
- I really can’t emphasize this enough, your content cannot violate any copyright laws.
- Did you know that we also pay for content submissions if the quality is up to par? You can earn between $100-$200 per article.
Here are some of our posts (for inspiration):
- How to Create an Awesome Landing Page With a Free Drag-and-Drop Content Builder
- How to Remove Slow WordPress Plugins and Find Faster Alternatives
- Custom Menus in WordPress – How to Create and Manage Them Easily
- How to Create Custom Post Types in WordPress
- 1000+ words, please.
- Images, images, images!
- Examples, examples, examples!
- Internal links to other content on our sites (that way we know you care).
- If an expression or piece of advice sounds obvious, delete it.
- Good headings and subheadings.
You get to include a URL link to your website in the bio box – just one such link. No keyword-optimized links allowed. Example:
Note. We retain the copyright of every post published on our sites. If approved, you cannot republish your work elsewhere.
We read and go through all submissions. If you send it, we’ll read it! And you’ll get an answer too. However:
- It might take us 1-2 weeks before we get around to your submission.
- Please wait at least 3 weeks before resubmitting.
- Our publication schedule tends to be loooong. So you might have to wait up to 3 months to get your work published. That being said, if we totally love your article, we might rush it through … to, like, next week or so.
Oh, and by the way, make sure to use the word “Jamon” somewhere in your pitch (for those curious). That way, we know you’ve read the guidelines. We’re doing Ctrl+F on all submissions, so if the word isn’t found, you may not receive a response from us.
How to get your work published here
- Start by coming up with 3 headline ideas that you think could work well.
- Tell us exactly how our readers will benefit from each of those posts.
- Send your ideas via the form below (please don’t send us complete articles), along with 4-5 links to your previous work.
- We will take a look at them, reach back to you and let you know what’s next.