What are the best AI chatbots right now?
From helping with customer service inquiries to transferring calls to live agents, scheduling appointments…it’s exciting to witness the new developments in the world of AI bots.
However, these developments are all happening at an incredible pace, and deciding on one solution that meets all your needs is becoming more challenging.
To help make your search a little easier, we’ve compiled a list of the top 12 AI chatbots of 2023. Let’s get started. 🤖
Criteria for choosing the best AI chatbots
If you’re in the market for an AI bot, there are a few important factors to consider before making your decision. Here’s a brief look at the top five:
- 🖱️ User interface. You want your chatbot to be easy to navigate and visually appealing for your customers.
- ⚙️ Natural Language Processing (NLP). This is basically the technology that allows your chatbot to understand and respond appropriately to a user’s questions or requests. So, the better the NLP technology, the more accurate and helpful the bot can be.
- 🔧 Integration capabilities. This is crucial for ensuring your chatbot can seamlessly work with any existing plugins, themes, and any other systems you already have in place.
- 🔒️ Security and privacy. Whether you’re looking for an AI chatbot or any other software to integrate with your website, a bot with solid security and privacy features is very important.
- 📊 Analytics and reporting. After setting up your bot, you may need to tweak and improve on different elements over time. This is where detailed analytics and reporting come in handy. Having this important data will help you improve your bot’s performance and can therefore help you meet your marketing or business goals.
We’ve used these five crucial points to help us find the best AI chatbot solutions for you. Here’s a breakdown of each one.
Best AI chatbots for 2023 🤖💬
This chatbot was built by Tidio – a customer support software. It offers personalized live chat support and sales messages with a human touch.
What’s cool about Lyro is that it only takes a few simple steps to configure it. The tool walks you through the process so you don’t have to spend too much time on the setup.
You can choose a color scheme, upload an avatar, select your main focus (like customer support or sales), and optimize your chats for conversions.
From the dashboard, you can customize chats for support/sales strategy via pre-made templates, build email marketing campaigns, manage visitors, check analytics, add integrations, and more.
⚙️ Key Features
- Easy integration with WordPress, Shopify, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, Sendinblue, MailChimp, Slack, Zendesk, Zapier, Google Analytics, and more
- Human-like, AI-based messages
- Knowledge base for common customer questions and ticketing system
- Chatbot templates for conversions
- Create email marketing campaigns via pre-made templates
- Pre-chat surveys for leads
- Statistics tracking for various events
- Friendly and easy to use dashboard interface
Lyro is free for up to 50 conversations per month. For more features, upgrade to the Starter Plan for $29 per month.
ChatBot is one of the many tools that belong to LiveChat – the popular live chat software for businesses. It was built to create human conversations with your customers and assist them with common problems in a timely manner.
This tool comes with a visual dashboard where you can build all sorts of bots using various templates such as customer service, quizzes, sales, job applications, and more. To create a conversation, you can easily play with all the elements in the chart and add the ones that you need.
In the dashboard, you can also check chat reports, integrate your chatbot with popular third-party tools, manage users, improve bot responses, and more.
⚙️ Key Features
- Pre-built templates and workflows
- Machine learning algorithms to help you improve chatbot responses
- Chat archives management from the dashboard
- Integration with Facebook Messenger, WordPress, Shopify, Slack, WhatsApp, HelpDesk, Freshdesk, Zendesk, Zapier, and more
- Possibility for customers to create help tickets
- Automatic chat transcripts
- Goal and conversion tracking system
- Interactive elements within messages such as carousels, buttons, and quick replies
Try ChatBot for free for 14 days. Premium plans start at $52 per month on an annual contract or $65 if paying month-to-month.
3. Zendesk Chat
Our list of the best AI chatbots starts with Zendesk. It is a customer service software and sales CRM founded in 2007. It helps businesses manage their customer support, sales, and other customer communications.
Within Zendesk, you get the Zendesk Chat service.
Zendesk Chat allows you to do so much. You can customize your chat widget to match your brand, see who’s browsing your website in real-time, and even send targeted messages to specific website visitors.
Giving your website visitors accurate and relevant information is very important. To achieve this, the Zendesk Chat bot pulls data from your company’s Zendesk Knowledge Base. If the bot can’t answer a question, it seamlessly hands the conversation (along with context) over to an agent.
⚙️ Key features
- User-friendly interface.
- You can configure your bot to answer some of the most common customer questions. This requires no code.
- Omnichannel messaging across web, mobile, and social media.
- Advanced reporting and analytics to help you continue improving the customer experience.
Zendesk Chat has a free trial. Paid plans start at $14 per month.
There’s no way that we could compile a list of the best AI chatbots right now without including the AI language model that pretty much broke the internet since its release in November 2022: OpenAI’s ChatGPT.
As an AI language model, ChatGPT has several features that make it a unique and powerful tool for various applications, including chatbots. One of its most notable features is its ability to understand and respond to natural language queries in an accurate and human-like way. This means that users can ask a wide range of questions on virtually any topic.
In addition, ChatGPT is also versatile and customizable, with the ability to generate text in multiple languages and styles.
⚙️ Key features
- Advanced NLP. ChatGPT uses the latest NLP technology to understand and respond to user queries in a human-like manner.
- Large knowledge base. This vast amount of information allows ChatGPT to provide intelligent answers on a wide range of questions on diverse topics.
- Personalized interaction. ChatGPT can learn from previous conversations and tailor its responses to individual users, making interactions more personalized and engaging.
- Multilingual support. This makes it an ideal choice for businesses and organizations that operate in different regions of the world.
- Social media and website integration. ChatGPT can be integrated to engage with customers, answer their queries, and guide them through the sales process. It can also offer personalized product recommendations based on customer preferences and purchase history.
ChatGPT has a free plan, while the premium version costs $20 per month.
Drift offers one of the best conversational AI chatbots on the market.
The bot is super intuitive and can customize conversations based on the customer’s preferences and behavior. It can do this because, according to the Drift website, “Drift’s conversational AI is trained on over 6 billion conversations to identify the patterns that engage and convert visitors into qualified pipeline.”
In addition, Drift can help to qualify your website visitors, identify the specific team or sales rep that can help them, and then help to book a meeting. All this without forms.
⚙️ Key features
- Integrates with many tools like Help Scout, HelpDocs, Zendesk, HubSpot, Slack, and more.
- Can route any conversation to the most relevant agent or team.
- Personalized messaging targeted at specific website visitors.
- Messaging on web and mobile apps.
Drift’s plans start at $2,500 per month, billed annually.
LivePerson is an amazing conversational AI platform that links customers with businesses through their favorite channels, such as messaging, SMS, and even voice. This not only makes life easier for the customer, but it also helps businesses create stronger connections with their clients by providing a more personal touch.
Another reason why LivePerson is one of the best AI chatbots is that it provides a wide range of tools and analytics that assist businesses in gaining a better understanding of their customers’ needs and preferences.
⚙️ Key features
- Integrates with many messaging channels, such as Google Rich Business messaging, Facebook Messenger, Apple Business Chat, WhatsApp, and more.
- Real-time messaging analytics to help you get a full picture of how effective your bot is for your business.
- Allows you to build chatbots from scratch and tailor them to your unique business needs. You can achieve all this without any coding knowledge or experience.
LivePerson’s website doesn’t specify how much their plans are. If you’re interested, you’ll need to request a quote from the company.
Number five on our list comes from one of the most popular cloud-based CRM software tools on the market: Salesforce.
The Salesforce team built Salesforce Einstein GPT on top of OpenAI’s GPT-3 technology. This means that it uses machine learning algorithms to analyze customer data. And what’s the big benefit of this? In a nutshell, this helps your team predict customer behavior and allows team members to offer more personalized solutions.
⚙️ Key features
- Integrates seamlessly with many third-party products, and all Salesforce products.
- NLP helps to classify website visitors’ intent from the body of text.
- Allows you to see conversations about your brand on social media. This can help you understand how customers and prospects truly feel about your brand, and this can help inform your future marketing efforts.
Salesforce Einstein GPT’s plans start at $50 per user, per month, billed annually.
So far, we’ve spoken about AI chatbots that are specifically geared toward marketing, sales, and other business-related uses. Replika is a little different, but it still deserves a spot on our list of the best AI chatbots because of how unique it is.
The founder describes having a conversation with Replika as “a space where you can safely share your thoughts, feelings, beliefs, experiences, memories, dreams – your ‘private perceptual world’.”
Essentially, it’s like having your own personal therapist, friend, or life coach. This bot uses machine learning algorithms to analyze your conversations, learn about your interests and preferences, and tailor its responses accordingly.
⚙️ Key features
- Apps available for iOS and Android users.
- Allows users to choose and personalize their 3D avatar.
- Voice recognition.
- Learns to imitate users.
Chatting with Replika is free. The Replika Pro account is a paid plan, and you’ll need to get in contact with the company for pricing.
You can think of Intercom as one of the “oldies” on our list. It was launched back in 2011 and it initially had minimal AI. Cut to 2023 and the founders have upgraded the service to where it can easily compete with some of the best AI chatbots on the market right now.
This major AI upgrade first happened when Intercom introduced their “Fin bot”, which is an AI chatbot built on GPT-4. The chatbot converses naturally, is able to answer various questions about your business, and requires minimal configuration to personalize.
⚙️ Key features
- Integrates with over 250 apps. This versatility makes it very useful for all types of teams.
- Desktop and mobile apps.
- Personalized interactions with website visitors, and uses customer and business data to offer the best solutions for users.
Intercom has a free trial available and plans start at $74 per month, billed annually.
10. Watson Assistant
Watson Assistant is an AI-powered virtual assistant that can help businesses of all sizes improve their customer service experience.
When you’re dealing with any investments for a company, you always want to ensure that there’s a real return on investment, especially with bots. Well, Bradesco, a Brazilian bank, used Watson Assistant and reported that they automated their customer service answers with 95% accuracy using Watson.
⚙️ Key features
- Can handle complex interactions with customers, such as scheduling appointments, providing product recommendations, and even processing payments.
- Detailed data and analytics.
- Seamless integrations with CRM, backend systems, and many other business tools.
- Built on Natural Language Understanding (NLU), NLP, and Machine Learning.
Watson Assistant has a free plan available. To get more premium features, paid plans start at $140 per month.
11. Genesys (formerly Bold360)
Genesys is a great AI chatbot for businesses. Its NLP capabilities make it easy for customers to interact with the chatbot.
It’s also highly customizable, allowing businesses to tailor the chatbot’s responses to fit their specific needs and branding. Its integration with other business systems, such as CRM and knowledge management platforms, ensures that customers receive accurate and up-to-date information.
⚙️ Key features
- Multichannel support, which means it can be integrated with a variety of communication channels, including web chat, social media, and email.
- Highly customizable.
- Advanced analytics and reporting.
Genesys has many pricing tiers and plans start at $75 per month.
Last but not least on our list of the best AI chatbots for 2023 is Ada.
Ada is an easy-to-use tool that can integrate seamlessly with your existing systems. This flexibility makes it great for all different types of businesses.
Like most of the above-mentioned bots, Ada can manage many tasks, from answering frequently asked questions, to providing step-by-step guidance, and even transferring conversations to live agents if needed.
⚙️ Key features
- NLP technology for accurate understanding and response.
- Real-time analytics dashboard for insights into customer interactions.
- Intuitive interface.
Ada has three different plans available. If you’re interested, you’ll need to contact the team to get a quote.
What’s the best AI chatbot for 2023? 🚀
So how do you choose from this list of the best AI chatbots? Well, making the right choice mostly depends on your needs. The 12 options listed above are currently at the forefront of AI technology and are excellent for users looking to invest in a quality bot for 2023 and beyond.
👉 Here’s a quick roundup to help you pick the best AI chatbot 🤖 for your needs:
- If you want a full-service CRM tool to go with your chatbot, choose ChatBot, Zendesk, or Salesforce.
- For an affordable tool that doesn’t sacrifice quality, use ChatGPT.
- If you need a chatbot that comes with specific features for online stores and marketing, check Lyro.
- If you’re prepared to make a significant investment to get top-quality AI chatbot tools, choose Drift, LivePerson, Replika, or Ada.
- If you want to choose an AI chatbot from a long-established company with a good reputation, check out Watson Assistant.
- For an AI chatbot with different pricing plans for businesses of all sizes that can grow with your business, check out Genesys.
Have you used any of the best AI chatbots we featured on this list? Which is your favorite? We’d love to hear about it in the comments section below.